Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken with Fried Rice

Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken with Fried Rice
You can enjoy amazing Chinese food at home with this Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken with Fried rice recipe! This is one delicious dinner!
I have a DELICIOUS recipe for you all! I am so excited to share this one. My family and I LOVE this dish! It has such a great flavor. You could probably trick your family into thinking you picked up some yummy Chinese food at a gourmet restaurant… It is that good, I promise!
I found the Fried Rice recipe on a website (don’t remember which one) but added my own little twist to it. I made this last night for dinner and I think we all ate it up within 10 minutes! It’s soooo good. I hope you give it a try soon 
Delicious sweet and sour chicken baked in the oven. This recipe beats any take-out Chinese!

INGREDIENTS
  • 3-4 boneless chicken breasts
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 cup cornstarch
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE INGREDIENTS
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 4 Tablespoons ketchup
  • 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
  • 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Start by preheating your oven to 325° degrees. Rinse your chicken breasts in water and then cut into cubes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Dip chicken into the cornstarch to coat, then dip into the eggs.
  2. Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large skillet and pan-fry chicken pieces just until slightly browned but not cooked through. Place chicken in a 9×13-inch greased baking dish.
  3. Mix all of your sweet and sour sauce ingredients in a bowl with a whisk. Pour evenly over the chicken. Bake chicken for one hour, uncovered. During the baking process you will need to turn the chicken every 15 minutes.
  4. Serve immediately.